Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe
Last week, we were invited to present about Naturopathic medicine at a women's retreat in Spruce Grove. We want to thank the ladies at the Parkland Baptist Church for giving us such a warm welcome! We had a great time. Our presentation focussed on digestive health and food sensitivites so we decided to bring some gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free chocolate chip cookies for the ladies! They were a big hit and everyone wanted the recipe, so here it is:
1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup brown rice flour (or chickpea flour)
1/4cup + 1Tbsp arrowroot starch
1/4 tsp xanthum gum
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups coconut sugar
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer + 3 Tbsp water, mixed until frothy
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together coconut sugar and coconut oil.
3. Add remaining wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mix for 1 minute.
5. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips (eg Enjoy Life dairy
-free mini chips) and mix in gently.
6. Chill dough for 1 hour
7. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, flattening slightly, onto parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
8. Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes.
9. Try not to eat them all in one sitting! :)